NuclearBan.US is spearheading the campaign for ‘treaty compliance’ in the United States. Our aim is to get cities and states, as well as businesses, faith communities, schools and other institutions to commit themselves to complying, as far as they are able to, with the Nuclear Ban Treaty, much as cities and states have committed to complying with the Paris Climate Accords. If enough cities and states and other institutions take serious steps to comply with the treaty, we believe this will begin to put sufficient pressure on the federal government to sign, ratify and implement the treaty – bringing along the other 8 nuclear armed nations with them.
You can also go through the process to become Treaty Complaint yourself – and help us spread the word!
And there are many more things you can do right now to help get rid of all nuclear weapons from the face of the earth – and in the meantime to reduce the immediate threat of nuclear war. Here are a few:
- Sign the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) petition, calling on the US government to sign, ratify and implement the Nuclear Ban Treaty.
- Get your local peace organization, faith community, college, city or other institution to sign the Call to Prevent Nuclear War, calling on the US government to take immediate steps to pull us back from the brink.
- Join a local peace group and campaign to raise awareness in your community about the Nuclear Ban Treaty and what it means.
- Urge your elected representatives to support one of the many Bills in Congress to eliminate nuclear weapons and reduce the threat of nuclear war.
- Educate yourself about the issues involved and the significance of the Nuclear Ban Treaty.