Any type of organization, large or small, can decide to become Treaty Aligned in order to help rid the world of nuclear weapons.
- The first step is to DECIDE to become Aligned with the Treaty, which in most cases is:
- having no investments in any of the nuclear weapons companies
- doing no business with any of the nuclear weapons companies
2. The second step is to DISCONNECT from the companies making nuclear weapons by taking whatever action may be necessary to divest, boycott and avoid those companies.
3. The final step is to DECLARE your organization Treaty Aligned by adopting an official policy confirming that the organization will have nothing to do with those companies so long as they are in violation of the Nuclear Ban Treaty.
Countries that sign the Treaty are expected to encourage other countries to sign it too. Likewise, Treaty Aligned organizations are encouraged to get other organizations, institutions, and their town or city to also become Treaty Aligned. Together we can create a powerful grassroots movement that helps eliminate nuclear weapons once and for all!