For a school to be Treaty Aligned, it must have:
- no funds invested in, or coming from, any of the companies involved in nuclear weapons
- no contracts with, or supplies coming from, any of those companies.
The steps to becoming treaty compliant, for a school, are:
- Getting the people in charge to DECIDE to Align with the Nuclear Ban Treaty. This may require more information, a presentation, workshop or other groundwork to be done first.
- The school will then need to DISCONNECT from the nuclear weapons industry. They will likely need to appoint a committee to look at what would need to be addressed to become Treaty Aligned and adopt a formal policy of not purchasing from or investing in the companies making nuclear weapons.
- Finally, they would need to DECLARE their school Treaty Aligned. Schools are encouraged to make their decision public and encourage other schools, organizations, and their town or city to also become Treaty Aligned.
More information on Treaty Compliance for Schools is available from NuclearBan.US