How to pay for the Green New Deal
A new report from NuclearBan.US will be out May 13, 2019.
from the Introduction:
“Unless we take swift and decisive action to reduce global carbon emissions, the consequences of climate change will be catastrophic. This is a life-threatening emergency that can only be adequately addressed in the timeframe we have available to us through a Green New Deal.
The existence of nuclear weapons is also a life-threatening emergency that threatens all life on this planet, and needs to be addressed with equal urgency. The world has now outlawed these weapons through the Nuclear Ban Treaty and it is up to the US to now lead the way to their total elimination.
To pay for, and implement, the Green New Deal is going to require money, skills, jobs, technological innovation and infrastructure on an unprecedented scale. To eliminate nuclear weapons requires nothing more than the political will to do so. But eliminating nuclear weapons would then release a huge amount of money, skills, jobs, technological innovation and infrastructure needed for the Green New Deal. We can solve both these global emergencies at a single stroke.”
Highlights from the Executive Summary:
- Climate change poses an existential threat to the planet
- The Green New Deal will cost the government $3 trillion over 30 years
- That is roughly what nuclear weapons will cost the US over 30 years
- Nuclear weapons also pose an existential threat to the planet
- The Green New Deal will require scientific and engineering expertise
- This expertise is being swallowed up by the nuclear weapons industry
- We can solve two existential threats to the planet with a single stroke
- Abolish nuclear weapons and use the money and manpower for the Green New Deal!
Single copies free, including postage within the US.
For multiple copies or postage overseas, please email for prices.