1. Write to President Biden – urge him to sign the TPNW
You can edit a template letter to President Biden and send it to him directly here
2. Write to your Members of Congress – urge them to support the TPNW
You can edit a template letter to your Member of Congress here
3. Write to your State legislators – urge them to take action at the state level
4. Write to your mayor or city council – urge them to support the TPNW
- Mayors can join Mayors for Peace. You can find out more here.
- Towns and cities can join the ICAN Cities Appeal. You can find out more here.
- Towns, cities, counties and other entities can become Nuclear-Free Zones by:
- divesting from nuclear weapons companies
- refusing contracts with nuclear weapons companies
- banning everything to do with nuclear weapons within their jurisdiction and control
5. Write to your local bank, supermarket, labor union, college, faith community, college or city – urge them to divest from nuclear weapons!
For more information about divestment, go here.
6. Great! You’ve just helped move the world one small step closer to eliminating nuclear weapons!
Thank you. Now why not write to friends, family or colleagues and urge them to follow your great example?